Thursday, January 24, 2008

A New Jersey/ A New Year!

It's been to long since my last post and a lot has happened. I will try to give you the short version.

Three weeks ago were two cross races in Houston. Both were super sweet courses. The Alkek race was at the Velodrome. I managed to do over a 150 barriers. The Second day was wide open with a sweet single track section. This was probably one of funniest weekends of cross I've done. Of course winning both also helps.

After a week that included racing the Dirt Derby and some cross specific training, I headed to San Antonio for the State Cross race. Nervously headed into the weekend knowing the Texas cross legend Will Black would be in town, and all the hype surrounded the race. The course was Technical with a 20 step bridge crossing, barriers, and sweet fast off camber. The gun went off..... Will and I went lap for lap. I attacked a couple times getting a small gap, but with a long pavement section, and Will's power, it was always hard to maintain the gap. It came down to a hectic sprint. I jumped at 150 meters from second wheel and Will gave me room to celebrate. This was an awesome races from the course, spectators, and supporters. thanks to everyone for cheering me to my New 2008 Texas State Cross Jersey. The Victory also gave me the points championship!

The next day was my last cross race of the year. It was super fast, tricky course. I went on for the victory with Joel Trinty a road teammate in 2nd.

After a couple days a sweet mountain biking in Austin, then 2 days in Dallas gave me a 17 hr. mtb week. Then I hit the road for my first true base.

I am writing from Central, SC just a couple minutes from Clemson, SC. This is Tiger Camp! I meet Jeremiah bishop, Andy Mckeegan, and Jeff shock yesterday for the first ride of the camp. This Turned out to be more than just a ride. After a few wrong turns, and close to 10,ooo Feet of climbing, I hit 120 miles! My biggest ride ever. Sick! Now, I am headed out again.....I'll let you know how the pain is stacking up, Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home