Saturday, November 3, 2007

Piney Hills Classic


This past weekend was my third year to attend the Piney Hills Classic put on by DLT events.
Every year this event grows, and is a great weekend for friends, family, and racing.
With the stage race format, everyone was pumped to do something new!

Saturday morning the short track kicked off the weekend. I honestly can say I had as much fun watching and cheering, as I did racing. This was a great course that made for exciting finishes.
My race was the last race of the short track. Go...To the front I pushed the pace over and over for the first few laps to try and break things up, but the long head wind section kept everything together. I attacked almost every lap through a berm section then up a short hill. A gap would open then everyone would sit up. The Last Lap, with 6 of us headed up the false flat, I waited for an attack. Nothing really happened, and 100 meters from the top of the course I attacked with Tristan Uhl on my wheel. He and I had a 2 up sprint that I won. It was a close race for third, but a wreck in the berm left it wide open....

The Time Trial later in the evening was definitely going to hurt after the short track effort. The TT was three miles: 2.5 of tight, fast single track and .5 miles of pin it! I had a great run going then had a mix up with a fellow racer when I tried to pass and got wrecked. DaMn! I was still able to put together a winning run. 11:06. Second was Tristan again at 11:20.

The XC race: This course was rocking! The park and DLT did some serious woek and it showed. The race was much less exciting than the course. I opened a gap of 30 seconds, than a minute. It stayed there for 2 laps as Noel Rueter was holding 2nd strong. I won the race 1:57 over noel in second, then a big gap of around 5 more to Andy Lee in third. Sean Sindt close behind him in 4th, and Tristan finishing 5th.

This was a great weekend. Thanks to all the volunteers, promoters, and sponsors. Can't wait till next year.

Off to cross right NOW!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home